- The Dangers of Wearing Heavy Backpacks
- Ergonomic Backpacks for Children
- 1. O3 Kid’s All-in-One Pre-School Backpacks with Integrated Cooler
- 2. JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack
- 3. Tough Traveler Super Cay – Made in USA Ergonomic Backpack
- 4. BackTpack 3 – Ergonomic Backpack Posture Trainer
- 5. Bixbee Girls 2-6X Signature Backpack
The Dangers of Wearing Heavy Backpacks
In a study published by researchers at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California-San Diego, results suggest that the high pressures exerted by a heavy backpack can help explain the pain (both shoulder and back) attributed to backpacks.
In the study, the researchers found that the usual backpack load carried by children exerts pressures that are more than acceptable levels. This condition is enough to block blood circulation.
In another study conducted at the Orthopaedic Department at the General Hospital of Agios Andreas Patras in Greece, the researchers concluded that backpack carrying can result to two adverse effects: a shift in the upper trunk and shoulder, and an increase in back pain. This is usually brought about by what the group said “asymmetric backpack carrying.”
Ergonomic Backpacks for Children
While the second group of researchers suggested that children should carry their backpacks symmetrically, some children (and even adults) can be inconsistent. Ergonomic backpacks, therefore, can be an alternative solution.
Here are five ergonomic backpacks suggested for your children.
1. O3 Kid’s All-in-One Pre-School Backpacks with Integrated Cooler
Ideal for kids between 3 to 7, this backpack has breathable mesh straps and lumbar section for ultimate comfort. It’s made from 100% polyester, and it has several pockets to help your child get his things organized. Other designs to choose from include rhinestone peace, camo, football, flag heart, and several more.
2. JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack
This backpack features an ergonomic S-curve straps, two large main compartments, and a gadget organizer. It’s fully padded, so comfort is ensured.
3. Tough Traveler Super Cay – Made in USA Ergonomic Backpack
Although this is designed for the traveler in mind, it can definitely pass as a school bag. Besides, it’s durable enough to carry heavy books and gadgets. Features of this ergonomic backpack include a lightweight frame, load-control straps, and other comfort features.
4. BackTpack 3 – Ergonomic Backpack Posture Trainer
Among the backpacks on the list, this is the most innovative. It is designed to carry heavy books and other school essentials without worrying about posture and back strain. As you can see, the compartments are split into two and they’re located at the sides for easier access.
5. Bixbee Girls 2-6X Signature Backpack
This backpack has a lot of room for your child’s school essentials, but its horizontal design balances the weight. This comes in two colors, purple and pink. It’s made from 100% polyester, and its main compartment features a padded sleeve for a tablet, notebook, or laptop.
More Backpack Styles HERE...
- Top-Rated Disney Backpacks Based on Amazon Consumer Ratings
- Ultralight Backpacks that Make Traveling a Breeze
- Cool, Trendy, Modern Rucksack Backpack Men – 6 Types of Rucksack
- 10 Cute and Pretty Backpacks
- Best-Rated Leather Messenger Backpacks (Briefcase Backpacks) Available Today
- What is the Best Diaper Backpack for Daddies? Top Picks
- Types of Vintage Backpacks for Guys – Cool, Fashionable, Stylish
- What are the Best Backpacks for DSLR Camera? Top Consumer Picks
- Best Trauma Backpack – Top Consumer Picks
- Best-Rated Laptop Backpacks Available Online Today